Created by Naija Chef on July 17, 2016
Baked Pepper ChickenThis recipe is inspired mostly by my dislike for frying meat. I dislike deep-frying in general; the used oil that sits there looking nasty till the next time you’re ready to use it; the flavors that get transferred to food after reusing oil because it is impractical to throw the oil away after one or...
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 50m
- Total Time: 55m
- 10 Chicken drumsticks
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 2 teaspoons Knorr bouillon seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Ground dry red pepper
- 2 teaspoons Palm Oil
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning (optional)
- Set your oven to pre-heat to 375F or 190C.
- Wash and clean the drumsticks. Take care to remove any hairs and tough skin that might still be left on the drumsticks.
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients and work the spices into the chicken with your hands.
- For best results, you can return your chicken to the fridge in a covered bowl at this point and let it sit for at least four hours. The added palm oil gives it flavor and allows the spices to get into the meat.
- Line your baking tray with foil paper and spray with non-stick spray. Arrange the chicken on the tray.
- Place the chicken into the oven and bake at 375F (or 190C) for 45 minutes. You can flip the drumsticks around the 30 minute mark.