French toast to me, means comfort food. It’s quick and easy to make, but when done right – with the right ingredients – can be elevated to stand alongside the best of morning and dessert classics.
Today, I going to show you a flavour pairing that just sets my senses off, I mean these three flavours in tandem make my mouth (and belly) sing HALLELUJAH!
French Toast with a twist
- 1 Brioche loaf (staled a day or two on the kitchen counter)
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- 2 pods of cardamom, cracked open and seeds ground and sieved
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade, confit or jam
- 2 knobs of butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey (or maple syrup)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of whipping cream
View on Alex.Cooks.Food